WALT: Skim read to locate specific information and retell.

Hey Bloggers, Today I have been doing my awesome create tasks.  My book for this week is called The Green Team.  It is about a school gardening team that enters in a gardening competition. But all the veggies that they grew got ruined in the rain. But the last one standing was the silverbeet. The gardeners were sad. They did not like silverbeet. What they did not realise was it was actually yummy    

Silverbeet Dolmas (from Kurdistan)

Silverbeet Bhaji (From India)

Silverbeet Pie  (From Greece)

1/2 a cup of silverbeet.  Some oil. Make sure you get a lot of oil to roll them up.

So we boil the silverbeet until it is cooked. Then we roll the silverbeet with the oil.

SECOND CREATE TASK

The second task is a mindmap. This is where you can put all your thoughts and feelings on. Here is a fact about this. You also can put your favourite stuff about your story.

Silverbeet is strong. It can last rain and bad weather. It is also used in many meals. Especially curry.

The last task is a Canva video. The third task was to make a Canva video too. Canva is also a video maker. You can use all the things  that I mentioned before. Plus you can make anything on Canva. Birthday cards, TikTok videos, Instagram post, etc. My one is a video and a voice recording. The background is blue and my face is on it. If you have any feedback for the video or the blog post, Feel free to put all of your feedback in the comments. I like this method because it is great for making anything!! PS fast finishers are coming soon in this post. Here is all the tasks so far. If you want to join me with the fun, search up canva on your Google home page.

My fast finisher activity was a drawing of my fav character. Mine was Ara. So basically that was it. Here it is

BYE BYE BYE GUYS!!!!!

One thought on “Reading Week 8